This is a full-time position located in the Sioux City or North Sioux City area. Both sites operate different shift schedules and you must be available to work any assigned shift (day, night, weekend) and overtime as required. Candidates will be evaluated for both Nutraferma and Kay Dee positions.
As a process technician, your role will be to keep the plant running at full capacity while maintaining a safe environment while producing quality products. This will require understanding, learning, and troubleshooting the various processes and unit operations.
- Safely operate batching mixers, screw conveyors, evaporators, bucket elevators, rotary drums, pumps, baggers, palletizers, robots, compressors, valves, and other plant equipment
- Monitor process conditions and equipment such as flow meters, temperature and pressure gauges
- Troubleshoot processes quickly and efficiently
- Collect and analyze samples for both operational and quality purposes
- Run both computer operated equipment and non-computer operated equipment
- Monitor and report on inventory and ingredient levels
- Ensure process conditions are met to meet product specifications and regulatory compliance
- Load and unload both truck and rail and perform final quality checks before orders leave the facility
- Assist customer support to schedule and fulfill customer orders in the plant
- Assist in other operational tasks that can include updating standard operating procedures, performing audits and process reviews, providing feedback on improving the processes, and testing new processes and products
Required Qualifications and Experience
- High School or equivalent required
- 2 years of work experience
- Authorized to work in the US
- 18 years or older
- Must be able to read and write in English, good math skills, and basic computer skills such as typing in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to understand mechanical equipment
- Ability to perform physical jobs such as lifting 50 pounds, bending, climbing ladders and stairs, walking, mechanical work, and ability to pass a pulmonary fit test.
- Must be able to work in confined spaces, cold and hot environments, and on elevated platforms and equipment
- Able to wear a dust mask
- Must be able to operate forklifts and equipment
- Must be able to work with others in a non-stop environment
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- Associate’s Degree, technical/vocational degree
- Experience in a process manufacturing environment
- Specializations and/or certifications
To Apply - Please click Apply Now. If you have a resume, the experience section is optional.